Sunday, March 29, 2009

FLW College Fishing update 3/29/2008

Hey all!

We just had a Penn State Bass Fishing meeting on March 26th and talked about the upcoming tournaments. Our club will be fishing in the FLW college bass series starting this summer. Only 1 team per school can fish if 40 different schools sign up but the odds of that happening in the Northern Division arent very good. The first tourney in scheduled for June in the Potomac River. My partner Jeremy Lake and I are on the waiting list to get into that tournament. However, we are the number 1 team going to fish at 1000 Islands in New York. That tournament is scheduled for Sunday July 18th!

What is cool about these tourneys is that we get to fish with a pro who didnt make the final cut in the FLW Stren Series Tournament being held the day prior to our sunday tourney. We get to ride in their boat and they drive us around. We control the trolling motor and pick where we want to fish.

I am really looking forward to this because it gives Jeremy and I some big time exposure and with a win or even a top 5 finish in these tournaments we win money for our club and our school! Hopefully these tourneys could help me find a sponsorship as well!

Well I just figured I would fill everyone in about one of the many tourneys i will be fishing this summer

Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment