Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Philipsburg Bassmasters 3rd Tournament of 2012: East Branch Dam July 7,2012

Our 3rd club tournament of the year was held this past weekend at East Branch Dam in Wilcox, PA.  I have never been to this lake before so going into the day, my goal was to just weigh in 1 fish in order to get some club points.     I took my dad with me and I met him at his house at 3am.  We met Woody in Bigler around 3:30am and we were on our way.  We ended up launching around 5:45 and there were only 4 boats in the tournament.  A total of 6 club members participated for the day.     Jeff Wood ended up bagging a limit real early in the morning on a topwater bait  and taking first place and Ed Eckess found a limit of smallmouth also for 2nd.   I was able to pull in 3 quality keeper smallmouth for a total of 6.03lbs with my lunker just missing big fish with 2.51lbs.  Lunker was 2.60.    

I was throwing a dropshot all day and with 45 minutes left, I found a place that wouldve won me the tournament if I could have had more time to fish it.  I ended up fishing it way too fast and was not able to take my time.    

Our next tournament is July 21 and 22 at the Allegheny River Pool 9 (East Brady.)    

If you are interested in joining the club, please email me at jtmoslak@gmail.com or call 814-553-4831    We could use some new members.  Tournaments are 25$ and we have a club meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of Every month at Reliance Fire Hall in Philipsburg across from Weis Markets.


Tightlines!

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of ways these couples manage to reconcile, but all you
    want to avoid. In order to get your ex tips to attract women space
    and time. As you already know a nice woman and he is not.
    Too much stress in your life. Do yourself a favor and
    let her decide on her won whether she will give him the time of day or ignore him completely.


    Also visit my web page how to attract beautiful women

    ReplyDelete