Monday, October 12, 2009

Sayers Dam Tournament 10/4/09

Well after prefishing for this tourney a week beforehand, i felt very confident in what my game plan was going to be. While prefishing, i found bass on artificial structure while deadsticking a senko... come tournament time however, this was not a very strong pattern.

My buddy paul was fishing in the tourney for lunker and caught a small keeper right off the bat. I could not get bit all day! I went back and forth to my 2 hot spots all day without many bites. I snapped a fish off at a dock early in the day. I had to really work to get my keeper. after my 3rd trip back to some grass, i flipped a senko into some weeds and ended up landing a 1.5lb largemouth. Thank God i caught him.. I was so discouraged but i knew perseverance would pay off... mostly everyone else in the club had a hard time too. i ended up in 5th place in the tourney. The leader found some fish and caught 13lbs worth.. 2nd place had 1 bite all day and caught a 3.5lber... so in all a bad day turned into a good day at 11:30.. i got some valuable club points and hopefully secured my place as rookie of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment