Monday, May 25, 2009

George B. Stevensons Dam- May 24,2008

So my Dad and I have been planning on taking my boat out for the last week or so and we decided to load it up and take it out to Sinnamahonig to Stevensons Dam.. We had a very exciting day out on the lake. Dad and I caught more quality bass today than ever before!

We got out there around 8:30Am and loaded the boat into the water. Stevensons Dam is trolling motor only so we made sure both batteries were completely charged because we were planning on being there for a while.

The first place we tried was directly across from the Launch area right where it gets really shallow where the buoys are because of the Eagles nest. Right off the bat we caught a double. Dad and I both hooked up with little runts. We figured since our first cast both resulted in fish that it was going to be a good day.

I caught one more small one in that area and we decided to work the left side the whole way down to the dam. Dad caught 2 nice fish along the bank but the bite shut down for a few hours. around noonish the big bite finally picked up! I ended up catching around ten fish that were easily keepers and ended up catching 2 bass that were pushing the 4 lb mark (~20-21 inches.)
From about noon until we got off the water we caught alot of QUALITY fish! the bite didnt slow during that time. Dad was using an ugly stick and had some trouble feeling the bites in the wind but i was using my Berkely Pro Series and my Amp rods and had no trouble feeling the bites in the wind.

The fish were very shallow and we saw over a hundred big fish while trolling towards the dam. The bite turned on and they were smackin! I'm definately going back out sometime this week to hopefully catch some more pigs. All the bass we caught were largemouths except for 1 which was a decent smallie that I hooked. I didnt get a picture of it because it was bleeding and had to immediately throw it back in....

Catch ya later! Enjoy the Pictures!






Jimmy Mo

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy, looks like you and you dad had an excellent day on the water. What were you guys catching them on? that place is loaded with nice bass. We've be wacking the smallies on the Juniata laetly. once the water level stabilze it should get even better. We'll definitely have to make a trip. keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan,
    We've been whackin them on my favorite bait... the Kinami Flash in the 4" Junebug....

    Thats what they were bitin the day I wrote about.... I was also out on Thursday and had another day the same as the one i wrote about except for i didnt catch any 4 pounders... lol.. caught a 3 pounder was my biggest..

    My dad and I also were out yesterday (Sunday) and i caught 6 or 7 and dad landed one.. again the junebug flash and also caught a couple on the right side of the lake where the metal drain pipe flows into the lake with a Pumpkin Red flake lizard...

    ReplyDelete